Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pearl Jam Set List Gibson Amphitheater 10-07-09


Now that I've had a few days to reflect, research, and remember the final performance of the legendary rock group, Pearl Jam. This happens to be only the second time I've seen these guys. The first was at The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, on the last tour.
The Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City was far superior in acoustic sonic pleasure. Very intimate setting, and the crowd was literally on FIRE!
They opened with the slow and alluring "Long Road", which made me happy. I was hoping for "Release me", but this was just as wonderful. They stormed thru a few more to the wicked sounding "Got some". Boy, we needed it. Thanks Eddie! "Amongst the waves" was really hot, especially Ed's intro regarding the documentry film, "The Cove". I wasn't very familar with "Present Tense", but that intro with Mike and Eddie just blew me away! I caught a little bit of it on my handheld, but for the sake on true enjoyment, I turned it off and just let this song just sink in. I really expected "Just breathe", but when "The end" was thrown in, this was pure magic! Picture that the evening was in a full tilt frenzie, and here comes the first encore. Just a cool sit down and catch your breath for the next 40+ minutes of sing (shout) along music. The rest of encore 1 was literally one of the best almost endings shows that might ever be. This show had a Led Zeppelin feel all the way. Pearl Jam is THE Led Zepp of this generation, hands down. My personal favorite (if a gun was put to my head to make only one!) had to be "Crown of thorns" I got only about half of it on video, due to a security foil...but oh well! At least I captured "Indifference" with Ben Harper. This last song put this show in one of the CLASSICS of rock shows.
Thanks Sean for driving!


Gibson Amphitheater
Oct 07, 2009

Set 1
•Long Road
•Animal
•Hail, Hail
•Gonna See My Friend
•Got Some
•Alone
•Nothingman
•Amongst The Waves
•Even Flow
•Untitled
•Unthought Known
•All Those Yesterdays
•Why Go
•Wishlist
•Present Tense
•Force of Nature
•The Fixer
•Spin The Black Circle
•Porch

Encore 1
•Just Breathe
•The End
•Lukin
•Red Mosquito
•Jazz Odyssey
•Love Reign O'er Me
•Blood(Atomic Dog)

Encore 2
•State Of Love And Trust
•Crown Of Thorns
•Kick Out The Jams
•Alive
•Indifference
"Red Mosquito" and "Indifference" featured Ben Harper. "Kick Out The Jams" featured Jerry Cantrell. "Just Breathe," "The End," "Lukin," and "Red Mosquito" featured a string quartet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home