Wednesday, November 26, 2008

RUSH NOKIA LIVE THEATER, TUESDAY MAY 6TH, 2008


Another stellar performance by the Canadian trio on Tuesday night in Los Angeles at The Nokia Theater. I do have to comment that The O.C. Register review of the show got it right twice in a row. Ben W., I believe you are a true rock critic. Yes, I agree the sound was a little loud and not balanced well at this theater. Needless to say, my hearing came back by Friday!
The set list was basically identical to The Hollywood Bowl show back on July 23rd, 2007. No real surprises. I just wish I could have been in the Heineken line sooner so that I would have caught "Limelight", the show opener. "Red Barchetta" one of my many favorites was impeccable. Getty just started warming up vocally as one could tell on the video I was lucky to get. A real treat was to have sat right behind George Lopez! He obviously has good taste in music! Among the old songs were; "2112-Temples of The Syrinx", "Passage to Bangkok", "Witch Hunt", "Natural Science", "YYZ", and G. Lo's favorite "Trees".
The new songs off "Snakes And Arrows" went off really well. "Hope" & "Monkey Business" are the new classics. All in all The Nokia Theater is a fabulous place to see a show. The layout for this intimate venue is not so great if you are in the mezzanine section or lodge areas. It just seemed like the seats are positioned with not enough incline. Magnificent show regardless, I just wish they could have played "Xanadu" & "Closer to the Heart". Oh well, maybe next time!

Set List:
LimelightDigital ManGhost Of A ChanceMissionFreewillMain Monkey BusinessThe Larger BowlRed BarchettaTreesBetween The WheelsDreamlineIntermissionFar CryWorkin' Them AngelsArmor And SwordSpindriftThe Way The Wind BlowsSubdivisionsNatural ScienceWitch HuntMalignant Narcissism ->Drum soloHopeThe Spirit Of Radio2112Tom sawyerEncoreOne Small VictoryPassage To BangkokYYZ

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home