Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happiest place on Earth----Quest


What the hell was going through my mind when I scooted out of work early on a Friday before the President's Day week-end? My thought was...get out of a hard days work to go visit the last part of the day with my family and friends at Disneyland. Again, what was I thinking?

I left Burbank at 2:30 pm heading down to Anaheim via 5 south to 134 east to catch the 605 south. This, I thought would save me time that taking the 5 south straight to Walt's place. Ha! No freaking way! Legs went numb after two hours on the road.

Pulling into the Downtown Disney parking lot next to the ESPN Zone felt so very good and satisfying. This how I usually start my time at this place. Fill up and just feel happy!

I should not have seen "The Hurt Locker" the night before. Backpacks scare the crap out of me! Crowded place, high profile to boot, and backpacks everywhere! It really does seem any day now...and I got family passes to this place? Great...

Anyway, back to the living! People watching is really the thing to do. Watching a dad with two young boys (10 and 6?) get in the face of their mother like a psycho and berate her about some shit. Hmmmm...how many times do I need to see this? Next, checking out a young woman stumbling out of House of Blues to her boyfriend kissing and saying, "just one more vodka martini and I'm good to GO!" Ahhhh.....the thoughts were running wild!

Even if I didn't go on a ride, just to watch my kids and lovely wife have a great time, it was so very worth the traffic nightmare. California Adventure has got my vote for food and fun and as long as ESPN Zone stays put...I will always find sanctuary at the happiest place on earth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home