Wednesday, March 28, 2012

St. Patrick's Day 5K RUN 2012




Finally, this years 32nd annual St Patrick's Day 5K race is over and in the books. This run marked my second time directing a race and let me say this was very trying. After seven months of being laid-off from my previous job of over 12 years, active job hunting to get back into the optical business, taking care of my two girls soccer and softball duties, and training for the LA Marathon I expected this year's run to go as smoothly as last year. Not even close! The rain and wind that was so accurately predicted the week before forced me to make last minute changes on the course. Not steep hills and crazy descents! Sorry runners, I had to think of safety 1st.

Even though the top runners got lost, the timers were off, the main clock fell and got damaged and my brand new EZ-UP was destroyed, nobody got hurt and the refreshments that our Knights of Columbus council is famously known for got polished off! There were close to 100 participants, so our goal was made and people will talk about their crazy St. Patrick's Day Fun/Mud Run! Pictures of the race are also down loadable from my flickr page below and the article from The Signal is also posted. The results were not 100% accurate, but we did the best we could. I just hope next year we don't have a heat wave!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cota4/sets/72157629320716828/



Rain can’t stop charity run

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home