Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Eagles at The Hollywood Bowl

This was the second time my lovely wife and I have seen this legendary band, The Eagles. Saturday night brought out all the grey hair and glasses....including me! We had pretty bad seats but I still perfer the sound in the back. Of course, I cruised up the the star boxes and found that is was a little bassey.

The first half of the show displayed most of the new album. Great tunes! They opened the concert with my personal favorite, "Seven Bridges Road". Check out the video I posted. Glen Fry was very funny that night, calling it The Assisted Living Tour. The concert also graced us with Don Henley's hits.

The crowd favorite was Joe Walsh. Still hasn't changed after all these years. Good thing. The seventies crowd seemed to enjoy themselves in the billows of smoke from mother nature. My favorite tune from Joe was "Life's been good so far". The video montage of the history of the band was awesome.

The Eagles had to take a break, and the second half was fantastic! Don closed the show with "Desperado". How perfect. Well, almost. It would have been if the played "Last Resort" from Hotel California.

This was such a treat after having to attend a funeral service for my uncle/godfather earlier that day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home