Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rush Concert Setlist at Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City on August 11, 2010 | setlist.fm

Rush Concert Setlist at Gibson Amphitheatre, Universal City on August 11, 2010 setlist.fm: "
This was the 6th time I have seen these guys from the Great White North, and even for their advancing age, they seem to still hold on as top performers of the day. They had few different approaches to songs, but still captured the audience magnificently. They put a spin on "Closer to the heart" and "Working man". I believe I heard a few "what the f@#k...?" from loyal fans who cannot seem to open the mind up. All in all, the show went to almost three hours and everyone wanted more! Sure, I was even fading after "Camera Eye", but it had been just a super long day and I was putting my endurance to the test. I had a great group of people who joined me for this even: Thank you Steve, Billy and the ever impressionable Todd! You guys are the best. I couldn't believe that I was the youngest of our crowd. Yeah I feel like a kid! That is what going out on a Wednesday night is all about! Grasping youth and not letting go! I'll never give this up.
The show had the usual Rush humor. But, I have to say that the final video from Jason Segal and Paul Rudd just had everyone rolling! "Slapping the Bass, man"....Geddy, you are hilarious!!! Bands like this who really like to have good clean fun and not take themselves too seriously make watching them a pure joy. They performed the entire "Moving Pictures" album in its entirety, which was a first. I decided not to video tape a whole lot of songs due to the fact that this time I really wanted to focus on just enjoying the show. My personal favorite off "Moving Pictures" has to be "Camera Eye". What an awesome video that went along with the song. Painted the picture perfectly. I did capture "Lime Light" and "Red Barchetta" so those will be posted to my YouTube channel soon. Of course, I do love the really old songs. "2112" just blew everyone away and "La Villa Strangiato" was my personal favorite. Yes, I missed the COC race on Thursday evening, but it was all worth it!
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home